home / virginia real estate / charlottesville va real estate
Charlottesville Real Estate
Charlottesville real estate features some of the most beautiful scenery and landscapes in Virginia. Charlottesville has been named the ‘Best Place to Live in the United States’ in Sperling and Sander’s Cities Ranked and Rated and regularly makes other top ten lists as an exceptional place to buy a home or property and live.
Browse Nearby Properties in Surrounding Albermarle County
Serving Charlottesville Real Estate Needs For 30 years
Virginia Estates has served the Charlottesville-Albemarle and Central Virginia community since 1986. Founded on the principle that there is a perfect home for every real estate buyer, Virginia Estates is eager to learn about you, your real estate needs, and your vision for yourself in the Charlottesville community. Our agents are the most experienced, knowledgeable, dedicated and resourceful in the area and are eager to help you find the ideal Charlottesville real estate.
Charlottesville, VA Real Estate
Local Agents Truly Understand Charlottesville
More About Charlottesville
Our brokers, realtors and agents are people who grew up in Charlottesville or have lived here for decades. They know the ins-and-outs of the Charlottesville real estate market, what’s currently listed, what could become available, and most importantly what it’s like to live or own a business in the different areas available in Charlottesville and the surrounding counties. Our agents tend to specialize in different markets, so if you are:
- Looking for a residential home in Charlottesville. Whether you are first-time home buyer, upgrading to a larger house or retiring to a Charlottesville condominium, our city offers unique homes that will appeal to any price range.
- Interested in purchasing a piece of Charlottesville land on which to build your ideal home.
- A Businessperson interested in Commercial Property or
- Exploring purchasing a Charlottesville Farm, Equestrian Property or Vineyard
We can match you with an agent that has worked for years finding people and families like you the Charlottesville home of their dreams.
Assisting You With Your Charlottesville Real Estate Buying Experience
Virginia Estates is a full-service operation. Agents at other firms may see their job as simply showing you their Charlottesville real estate listings. Here at Virginia Estates, we are committed to helping you through every step of your home, business, or farm buying journey to whatever extent you desire. We can:
- Familiarize you with the real estate purchasing process and walk you through the first steps
- Determining your wants and needs and using those to develop a very clear and specific vision of what you are looking for in a Charlottesville real estate property
- Getting your finances in order to help determine what your budget will be
- Understanding the current lending landscape and getting you in touch with the top mortgage brokers in Charlottesville.
- Getting you pre-approved for a loan
- If you need to sell, getting your house on the market and optimizing its potential resale value
- Conducting a thorough search of Charlottesville real estate to find you multiple properties that are superior matches for your criteria.
- Giving you time and space to examine these properties carefully, at your own pace so that you can truly get a sense of them
- Evaluating the property through initial inspections, tests and assessments
- Helping you understand potential restrictions from deed, zoning laws or home-owners association
- Helping you get a feel for the neighborhood you are considering buying Charlottesville real estate in.
- Negotiating price and conditions of sale
- getting you the best deal possible while writing an offer that protects you to the utmost.
- If you are interested in a remodel or some improvements, we have a great deal of experience working with Charlottesville real estate construction companies and can negotiate a post-sale construction contract on your behalf.
- Walking you through the steps leading up to and through closing so that your Charlottesville real estate purchase will be completed smoothly and without any last minute surprises.
Virginia Estates has the experience and expertise to get you into the Charlottesville real estate property you want. Please feel free to call us, write us, or explore our website which we have built hoping to help potential buyers, such as yourself.
Still not sure about Charlottesville, see why Charlottesville is Right for you!
FAQ – Charlottesville, Virginia Real Estate
Is it expensive to live in Charlottesville, Virginia?
According to the website pay scale, cost of living in Charlottesville, Virginia is 8% higher than the national average. Although both utilities and transportation are a bit cheaper in Charlottesville, you will spend more on groceries, housing and healthcare.
Is Charlottesville a good place to live?
With a small town feel and plenty of restaurants, shops and outdoor activities, Charlottesvilles is an excellent place to live whether you are a college student (UVA is located in C’ville), young professional just starting out or a parent with small children (C’ville schools have a great reputation). According to niche.com student-teacher ratio is 13:1, they give school diversity an A+ and an overall A- for Charlottesville city schools.
What are the best Charlottesville neighborhoods to live in?
According to the website areavibes, the top 3 neighborhoods in Charlottesville are Greenbriar, North Downtown and Blue Ridge – Rugby Ave area. Greenbriar is an affluent neighborhood close to shopping and transportation and Charlottesville High School is located within this neighborhood. North Downtown is a blend of homes, businesses and government offices. There is a library, art center and post office located in this neighborhood and it is close to the North Downtown Mall. Our final neighborhood is located near U.S. 29 and 250. The area is close to shopping, restaurants and public transportation.
Is Charlottesville, Virginia a safe place to live?
According to Sperling’s Best Places, Charlottesville receives a score of 22.3 for violent crime as compared to the national average of 22.7. Property crimes in Charlottesville are a little higher than the national average with Charlottesville receiving a 40.2 and the national average being 35.4. Spend a little time researching prior to moving to discover the safest neighborhoods in Charlottesville.
What is Charlottesville, Virginia known for?
Charlottesville is known for being the home of the University of Virginia and the location of Thomas Jefferson’s estate, Monticello.