Virginia Historic Homes For Sale
If you are considering buying a Virginia historic home browse through our listings below by each of the geographic areas – Charlottesville, Richmond and Staunton – that we cover. We can set you up with one of our specializing agents who can answer all of your questions about owning a unique piece of Virginia history.
For more information on architectural styles and famous historic homes please consult our Historic Homes Guide.
Featured Historic Properties
- Cameron Lodge
- Price: $1,625,000
- Hidden Springs
- Price: $900,000
- 5350 LOUISA RD
- Price: $9,495,000
- 7500 Ironwood Ln
- Price: $29,950,000
- Ridge Run Vineyard
- With 12 acres under vine, a stately 19th century home, and breathtaking Blue Ridge views, this Augusta County property has it all.
- Price: $1,700,000
- Edgewood Farm
- Price: $5,250,000
- White Post
- Price: $1,245,000
- Maple Hall Inn
- Price: $1,295,000
- Glenwood Farm
- Price: $4,784,000
- Marsh Run
- Private domain in the prized Somerset area of Orange County
- Price: $2,450,000
- Old Orchard
- Price: $1,250,000
- Greenmont Farm
- Price: $2,200,000
- Bayberry Lane
- Price: $1,295,000
- Price: $275,000
- White Walnut
- 114 Acres of beauty located in Louisa county
- Greenmont Farm and Land
- Gently rolling hills and Blue Ridge backdrop also makes it a wonderful candidate for a wedding venue or Bed & Breakfast/Country Inn.
- Hidden Springs
- 157 acre estate with a c. 1800 Federalist manor home, formal garden and guest house in Albemarle County
- Price: $2,500,000
- Historic three bedroom home on 55 acres of hayfields, hardwoods and a large, stocked pond 15 minutes from Amherst
- Sunny Side
- Beautiful property with over 10.6 open acres
- Price: $389,000
- Maple Lawn
- Price: $1,600,000
- Lower Bundoran Estate
- Liberty Hall
- Price: $2,125,000
- Castle Hill
- One of the most significant historic estates in Virginia and certainly in the county of Albemarle
- Price: $7,950,000
Virginia, Centuries of American History
Though there’s an argument as to which state is the true birthplace of our great nation, there’s no doubt that Virginia, being home to:
- Jamestown (which recently celebrated it’s 400th anniversary)
- Four of the first five U.S. Presidents
- Cities rich with historical lore such as Williamsburg, Charlottesville, Richmond and Staunton
Obviously, Virginia is a top contender for one of the most historic states in The Union!
If such things appeal to you and you have recently taken an interest in purchasing a Virginia historic home, congratulations! The rewards for restoring a Virginia historic home are both intrinsic, in the satisfaction you derive from such an endeavor, and extrinsic, in that there are often financial incentives such as assistance programs and tax breaks. Additional Virginia Historic Homes for Sale.
Virginia Estates Has a Historical Focus and Expertise
It is of the utmost importance that you work with an agent who specializes in the Virginia historic home market as there are special considerations you will need to be aware of in your journey toward purchasing a Virginia historic home. We have such agents here at Virginia Estates. They will be able to sit down with you and get a comprehensive grasp of what you are looking for, than locate numerous properties which while being historic homes, are also structurally sound and appropriate for preserving and restoring if that is part of your home-owning vision as well.
We have excellent relationships with the best local builders, and can arrange a post-sale renovation contract on your Virginia historic home if the best property you find requires adjustments. If you are considering buying a Virginia historic home, please give us a call and we can set you up with one of our specializing agents who can answer all of your question and help you in any way you need.