Central Virginia is renowned for the high quality of the vineyards nestled in the rolling hills of the Piedmont, and Keswick Vineyards is no exception to this rule.
Located on the Monticello wine trail in the heart of Virginia wine country, the unsurpassable quality of the wine is a match only for the incredible beauty of the surrounding countryside.
With much focus put on the vineyards, Keswick ensures that only the best possible fruit goes into the wine it produces. Keswick specializes in producing small lots of wine in order to more carefully ensure that all wine produced is of the highest quality. Since such care is taken in growing superb grapes, a minimalist approach can be taken with the wine, allowing the flavor of the fruit to shine through.
Keswick Vineyards ferments its wines using native or natural yeast and, in keeping with their minimalist approach, all red wines are currently bottled un-filtered and un-fined. Most wines are aged five to ten years in the bottle before sale.
Keswick’s Notable Awards
Keswick Vineyards has been recognized countless times for its dedication to producing fruit and wine of the highest quality. Here are some of its most notable awards:
- Best White Wine in America (2002 Viognier Reserve) Atlanta International Wine Summit
- Winner of the 2009 VA Governor’s Cup (2007 Cabernet Sauvignon)
- Platinum Award at the San Diego International Wine Competition (2007 Heritage)
- Viognier & Viognier Reserve, highest rated by the Wine Spectator with 88 points
- Double Gold at the San Francisco International Wine Competition (2009 Cabernet Sauvignon)