Page County, VA Real Estate
PAGE COUNTY HOMES BY PRICE
Page County real estate in Virginia offers an array of housing options for those who loves the outdoors yet still want to be relatively close to a major metropolitan area. Page County is approximately 314 square miles and is home to nearly 25,000 people. Situated less than 100 miles west of Washington, DC, many people are interested in homes for sale in Page County because of its popular attractions and natural resources:
- Luray Caverns
- Shenandoah National Park
- George Washington National Forest
Consider our team of dedicated brokers and realtors at Virginia Estates your official “Page County VA Real Estate Guide” to the region. If you are interested in farms or land for sale in Page County, or if you are looking for the perfect location to start a Vineyard in Virginia, the Page County real estate market has it all. It is also in striking distance of popular communities, including Harrisonburg, Massanutton, and Culpeper.
History of Page County, VA
In 1831, the Virginia General Assembly fused a portion of Shenandoah County to a similar piece of land from Rockingham County and officially named the new entity Page County. The county seat, Luray, had previously been established in 1812.
During the American Civil War, troops traveled along the river and reconnoitered in the valley as they prepared for their next conflict. Luray, Virginia, offered its land to Confederate General Robert E. Lee and his troops as they regrouped from their defeat in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
Page County Parks and Attractions
Page County memorializes its proud heritage and remains tranquil despite its many attractions. The Civil War is archived through the Historical Marker Database, documenting and pinpointing the heroics and locations of significant events of one of our nation’s greatest conflicts. Local tourism and historical attractions include:
- White House Bridge: Turner Ashby burned the bridge to hinder Union soldiers.
- It was at New Market / Luray Gap, that Stonewall Jackson announced the alignment with Robert E. Lee’s troops.
- Willow Grove Mill was destroyed in “The Burning” commanded by Union General Philip Sheridan.
- Graves’ Chapel is where Stonewall Jackson spent his last moments before his death by accidental gunfire.
Page County/VA Tourism
There are a number of reasons to visit Page County, VA. Accommodations, natural wonders, and recreational adventures include:
- Cabin Capital, which is home to more than 250 cabins available for overnights and more.
- Luray Cavern, which is the most visited underground cavern network on the East Coast.
- Shenandoah River, which is a scenic river that winds its way north through the Shenandoah Valley. Enjoy numerous hiking trails along the river and skirt past its mighty riverbanks in canoes.
Communities in Page County, Virginia
When considering Page County real estate, it is important to familiarize yourselves with the quaint towns and communities that lie within county lines:
- Luray – This town has a population nearly 5,000 people. It is known for its historic buildings and houses. One to noteworthy structure is the Grand Old Mimslyn, built in 1931, a classic Southern mansion which is now a hotel.
- Shenandoah – With a population of around 2,500, this little town was founded in 1837
- Stanley – A small town that is approximately 1.1 square miles and has three places on the National Register of Historic Places.
Whether you are looking for small acreage or a 500-acre estate, you find what you are looking for in Page County. Historic homes, land parcels, and a great way of life in the Virginia countryside are waiting for your visit.
Contact the Page County Real Estate Team at Virginia Estates Today
Contact Rick Walden and the team at Virginia Estates today. Our Virginia realtors and agents list some of the most beautiful properties in the Commonwealth. We serve the entire Virginia real estate market, including Charlottesville, Richmond, the Shenandoah Valley, and Page County. Call (877) 646-8800 or e-mail an agent today: email@example.com.